- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Ubiles Invited To Puerto Rican National Team Camp
- Updated: July 27, 2013
Former Siena Saint Edwin Ubiles has been chosen as one of 24 players to attend camp for the Puerto Rican National Team. From the invitees, 15 will be chosen to compete for Puerto Rico in the 2013 World Cup Qualifier to be held in late August and early September in Caracas, Venezuela.
Ubiles previously played for the PR National team in 2012 along with former Siena teammate Alex Franklin. They competed in the Centrobasket Championships tournament, a biennial event for national teams from Central America and the Caribbean, earning the silver medal. Ubiles, whose grandparents are from Puerto Rico, also competed with the PR National team in 2011, winning the Gold medal in the Pan Am Games.
Here is the list of invitees:
Point Guards: Carlos Arroyo, Jose Juan Barea, Carlos Rivera, Denis Clemente, Andres Rodriguez, Shabazz Napier
Shooting guards: David Huertas, John Holland, Larry Ayuso, Richard Chaney
Small Forwards: Angel Daniel Vassallo, Alex Galindo, Edwin Ubiles, Carlos Emory, Carmelo Lee
Power Forwards: Ricky Sanchez, Renaldo Balkman, Carlos Lopez, Angel Garcia
Centers: Daniel Santiago, Jorge Brian Diaz, Kleon Penn and Luis Villafane
July 25: Start of practices at Roberto Clemente Coliseum in San Juan
August 7-15: Practices at the IMG Academy in Sarasota, Florida
August 8-13: The second national team plays in London against European Teams.
August 16: Game against the Dominican Republic
August 20: Game against the Dominican Republic in Humacao, Puerto Rico
August 22-26: Tuto Marchand Cup in San Juan
August 28: Departure to Caracas
August 30 until September 11: World Cup Qualifier, the top four teams go to Spain 2014.