- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
Thomas Huerter Commits To Siena
- Updated: October 31, 2015
Thomas Huerter, son of Tom Huerter Sr. who played for Siena from 1987-1991, announced via Twitter on Saturday that he has committed to play for the Saints. The 2015 graduate of nearby Shenendehowa High School is currently attending Cheshire Academy, a prep school in Connecticut, after leading the Plainsmen to a Class AA state title along with his brother Kevin who recently committed to Maryland.
Huerter a 6-6 wing, really emerged throughout his senior season for Shen scoring in double figures 20 times including seven games of 20 or more points. He competed with the Albany City Rocks AAU program.
Huerter was on an official visit to the Loudonville campus this weekend and gave his commitment to Saints’ coach Jimmy Patsos. Huerter joins Khalil Richard, a 6-0 guard who committed last month to play for the Saints beginning in the 2016-2017 season.
His father Tom Sr. was a part of one of Siena’s all-time great teams who upset Stanford in the 1989 NCAA Tournament.
Extremely proud to announce that I have committed to play basketball for the next four years as a Siena Saint. pic.twitter.com/6aDZ27gZDQ
— Thomas Huerter (@THuerterJr) October 31, 2015