- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
- Nico Clareth Ready To Get Buckets and More For Siena
- Siena Releases Non Conference Schedule
- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
Sources: Siena Decides Not To Admit Buie
- Updated: July 15, 2013
According to multiple sources, Siena has opted not to admit Taran Buie. Mark Singelais of the Albany Times Union and others are indicating the former local star will not fill the remaining open scholarship for the Saints.
Siena has decided not to admit former Bishop Maginn star Taran Buie, according to a source.
— Mark Singelais (@MarkSingelais) July 15, 2013
Buie, a 6-foot-2 shooting guard, was highly recruited while at Bishop Maginn and State College (PA) H.S. by such schools as Maryland, Notre Dame, Georgia Tech, Pittsburgh, Syracuse and Boston College before deciding to go to Penn State to play with his brother and former Maginn teammate, Talor Battle.
Buie played just one season at Penn State, averaging 5.8 ppg. playing in only 11 games due to suspension before transferring to Hofstra following off the court issues. He sat out the NCAA mandated year and following additional off the court issues, averaged 12.3 ppg. at Hofstra this past season. After the firing of head coach Mo Cassara, Buie announced his intention to leave Hofstra due to personal reasons.
Maurice White of Baltimore remains an option for the open a scholarship pending approval from the NCAA Clearinghouse.