- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
Siena’s OD Anosike Performs Well At Portsmouth Invitational
- Updated: April 13, 2013
Siena’s OD Anosike completed an impressive showing at the Portsmouth Invitational Tournament playing well in all three games over a three day period. The event allows 64 of the best college seniors to showcase their talents in front of scouts representing every NBA team as well as several international organizations.
In his first game, Anosike scored 14 points on 6-9 shooting with 8 rebounds for his team, Roger Brown’s Restaurant in a 91-64 win over Portsmouth Sports Club. Five other team mates scored in double figures in a balanced attack. Ramon Galloway (LaSalle) led the way with 18 followed by Anosike and Dexter Strickland (North Carolina) with 14 and Tony Woods (Oregon) , A.J. Davis (James Madison), and Carl Hall (Wichita State) each with 10.
In the semifinal on Friday night, Anosike turned in a double-double, with 13 points and 10 rebounds along with 3 assists, 1 block and 1 steal in 68-67 win for Roger Baker’s over Cherry Bekaert. Hall also added a double-double with 15 points and 19 rebounds.
In the championship game, Anosike finished with 8 points and 4 rebounds in 27 minutes of action as Roger Brown’s fell to KD Rounds 87-78. Galloway led the way for Roger Brown’s with 15 points and 6 assists. Davis and Hall each added 14.
Schenectady’s Mark Lyons (Arizona) had 20 points and 4 assists for KD Rounds in the final.
Overall, Anosike started all 3 games and averaged 11.7 points and 7.3 rebounds per game for the tournament.