- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Siena’s John D’Argenio Named Chair of MAAC Men’s Basketball Committee
- Updated: March 9, 2014
Release courtesy of MAAC Sports:
Springfield, Mass. – John D’Argenio, Vice President and Director of Athletics at Siena College, is the new chair of the MAAC Men’s Basketball Committee effective this summer. D’Argenio replaces Bob Byrnes of Manhattan who served as chair for 24 years. The selection of D’Argenio was made at the MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration meeting on March 7 with a unanimous vote of the administrators in Springfield, Massachusetts at the 2014 MAAC Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championships.
“I look forward to working with John D’Argenio on continuing the growth of men’s basketball within the conference,” notes MAAC Commissioner Rich Ensor. “I have worked with John on hosting MAAC and NCAA basketball championships in Albany for many years and his experience and knowledge of the sport will be invaluable as the league moves back to the Times Union Center for the 2015-17 MAAC Basketball Championships.”
D’Argenio was appointed Director of Athletics at Siena on April 21, 1993, after serving as the acting Director of Athletics for the 1992-93 academic year. This past month he was promoted to Vice President and Director of Athletics at Siena College. He has served as chair of the MAAC Baseball Committee since 2008, and is finishing a term this year as chair of the MAAC Committee on Athletic Administration. D’Argenio is also a member of the MAAC Marketing and Television Committee.
Byrnes will retire in June 2014 after serving as Director of Athletics at Manhattan College since 1988.