- Sabrina Piper Commits To Siena Women’s Basketball
- Kenny Wormley Leaving Siena
- Ashante Shivers Commits To Siena
- Siena Supporter Willie Turchi Passes Away
- Jonathan Joseph Granted Release From Siena
- Siena Ranks In Top 100 In Attendance Again
- Jessica Simmonds Named Siena Women’s Assistant
- DeAnna Winston Commits To Siena Women
- MAAC Tourney To Remain In Albany Through 2019
- Ryan Harkins To Be Named Director Of Operations At Siena
Siena Women To Battle Second Place Stags
- Updated: January 24, 2013
The Siena women are on the road Friday night to take on Fairfield in a rematch of a close game that took place just two weeks ago in Loudonville which ended in a 66-59 win for the Stags. Tip off at Alumni Hall is scheduled for 7 p.m.
The Saints (7-10, 3-3) enter this game on a three game winning streak since losing last to Fairfield on January 10th. It was a game which remained close down the stretch and was tied at 49 with just over four minutes to go. Fairfield’s Alexys Vasquez nailed three 3-pointers in the final minutes to propel the Stags ahead for the win. Brittany Obi-Tabot led Fairfield with 20 points and Vasquez added 12 on four 3-pointers. Ida Krogh led Siena with 16 points. Lily Grenci added 15 with 14 rebounds. Tehresa Coles also scored 15.
Fairfield (11-6, 5-1) is currently in second place in the MAAC behind Marist. They have won their last four in a row and six out of their last seven games. They lead the MAAC in scoring defense (51.9 – 19th nationally), assists (14.4), turnovers (15.5), three-point field goal percentage defense (22.7% – second nationally) and personal fouls (12.3 – eighth nationally).
Junior forward Katie Cizynski leads the Stags in scoring (12.8) and rebounding (8.5). Obi-Tabot adds 11.4 ppg.
Reigning MAAC Player of the Week, Grenci currently leads the league in scoring in conference-only games with an average of 19.3 ppg.