- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
Siena Women Roll In Win At St. Peter’s
- Updated: February 24, 2017
Recap from Siena Athletics:
Every Siena Women’s Basketball player scored in a 76-60 victory over Saint Peter’s on Friday night. The Saints have 12 conference wins, the most since the 2003-04 season.
Jackie Benitez continued to lead the Saints (13-15, 12-7 MAAC) as she recorded 16 points. Kollyns Scarbrough added 14 points and five rebounds. Joella Gibson grabbed a career-high eight steals in the victory.
Sajanna Bethea scored a game-high 20 points and grabbed nine rebounds. Talah Hughes added 13 points for Saint Peter’s (3-26, 2-18 MAAC) as she went six-for-six from the charity stripe.
Opening on a 9-2 run the Saints never trailed right from tipoff. Siena continued to hold the Peacocks off and took a 20-10 lead after the first quarter. Continuing to dominate, Siena continued to add to their lead. With just over six minutes left in the game, Siena took their largest lead of the first half 29-10. The Saints took 35-20 lead heading into halftime.
Siena, who averages 17.3 points per game in the third quarter, scored 25 points as a team to take a 60-41 lead after three. The Peacocks were able to bring it within 12, 66-54 with just under six minutes left but the Saints would not quit and continued to hold on to take a 76-60 win on the road.
Maddie Sims scored a career-high nine points off the bench for the Saints. Every Saint who entered the game scored for the first time this season.
The Saints host Iona at the Times Union Center on Sunday, Feb. 26 for their final game of the regular season. Tipoff is set for 1 p.m.