- Abe Woldeslassie To Be Named Siena Assistant
- Kevin Degnan To Transfer To Siena From Fairfield
- Siena Receives NLI’s From Three Future Saints
- Former Siena Saints To Team Up Again In The Tournament
- Anna Lundquist Joins Siena Women
- Patsos Receives Two Year Extension At Siena
- Sammy Friday Commits To Siena
- Ryan Oliver Invited To Gotham Hoops Invitational
- LaRose Transferring From Siena
- Jimmy Paige Transferring From Siena
Siena Women Picked 7th In MAAC Preseason Poll
- Updated: September 11, 2013
The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference revealed the 2012-2013 preseason poll as voted on by the coaches today. The Siena women’s team was chosen to finish 7th in the now 11-team league. The results were announced in the MAAC Presason Show on ESPN 3 today. Not surprisingly, perennial power Marist was chosen as the likely repeat champion with Iona, new-comer Quinnipiac, Fairfield and Rider rounding out the top 5.
For the Saints, they will be looking to improve on the first season under head coach Ali Jaques. They finished 13-18 last season, tied for 6th in the conference in 2012-2013.
“I think there’s just a sense of knowing what’s gonna happen in some respects, the preparation going into your first year , the unknown of everything,” said Jaques. “I think there’s a little more security now in my mind just going into the season and maybe a little more confidence.”
The Saints will look to replace the scoring and leadership with the graduation of captain Lily Grenci.
“I think Tehresa Coles proved herself as one of the best defensive players in the conference last year,” Jaques explained. “I think she sets the tone for us on the defensive end definitely. On offense I think it’s really up for grabs. I think a lot of our players worked really hard over the summer. It’s exciting to see their hard work payoff. We have some new blood too. I’m excited about that.”
Here is a look at the complete women’s poll:
11. St. Peter’s