- Siena Gets Revenge And Rolls Over St. Peter’s
- Postgame Comments Following Win Over St. Peter’s
- Game Day Preview: Siena Hosts St. Peter’s
- The Season: Siena Saints a behind the scenes look
- Siena Beats Niagara To Sweep Western NY Trip
- Siena Expodes On Offense And Rolls Over Canisius
- Defense Fuels Saints To Another Home Win
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Rider
- Game Preview: Siena Hosts Rider
- Monmouth Runs Sink Saints
Siena Women Beat Loyola For 3rd Straight Win
- Updated: January 20, 2013
Siena faced a pesky opponent in Loyola throughout most of the day but eventually went on a second half surge to cruise to a 62-52 victory. With the win Siena (7-10, 3-3) evens their conference record after dropping their first three MAAC games. The Saints move up to a tie for 5th place with Niagara.
Siena never trailed in the game however Loyola, playing with out MAAC Preseason Player of the Year Katie Sheahin (flu), was able to keep the score within single digits for most of the way. The Greyhounds managed to tie the game four times, the last one coming with 9:23 to go. But the Saints exploded over the next seven minutes with 8 made free throws and 3 3-pointers good for a 17-2 run to finally pull away and open up a 15 point lead which sealed the win.
Senior Lily Grenci continued her dominant MAAC play with 20 points (6-9 FG) and 8 rebounds. Junior Clara Sole Anglada also came up big with 18 points, including 3 3-pointers, and 8 rebounds. Tehresa Coles added 10 points and 7 rebounds for the Saints.
Siena out rebounded the Greyhounds 30-25, had fewer turnovers (13-17) and made 12 more free throws than Loyola attempted (19-23 vs 6-7). Their 7 made 3-pointers were effective in spreading things out offensively enough to feed the ball inside allowing Grenci room to work.
Alyssa Sutherland and Tiffany Padgett led Loyola (6-11, 1-5) with 13 points each and Diana Logan added 12.
The Saints next head on the road to face second place Fairfield on Friday at 7p.m.