- Siena Gets Revenge And Rolls Over St. Peter’s
- Postgame Comments Following Win Over St. Peter’s
- Game Day Preview: Siena Hosts St. Peter’s
- The Season: Siena Saints a behind the scenes look
- Siena Beats Niagara To Sweep Western NY Trip
- Siena Expodes On Offense And Rolls Over Canisius
- Defense Fuels Saints To Another Home Win
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Rider
- Game Preview: Siena Hosts Rider
- Monmouth Runs Sink Saints
Siena Women At Loyola
- Updated: February 2, 2013
The Siena women travel to Loyola on Saturday to face the Greyhounds. Tip off is scheduled for 2 pm.
In their first matchup Siena (8-12, 4-5) never trailed however Loyola, playing with out MAAC Preseason Player of the Year Katie Sheahin (flu), was able to keep the score within single digits for most of the way. The Greyhounds managed to tie the game four times, the last one coming with 9:23 to go. But the Saints exploded over the next seven minutes with 8 made free throws and 3 3-pointers good for a 17-2 run to finally pull away eventually winning 62-52.
Senior Lily Grenci led the Saints in that game with 20 points (6-9 FG) and 8 rebounds. Junior Clara Sole Anglada also came up big with 18 points, including 3 3-pointers, and 8 rebounds. Tehresa Coles added 10 points and 7 rebounds for the Saints.
Sheahin is currently third in the MAAC in scoring (15.2), fourth in steals (2.6) and sixth in assists (3.2). The Greyhounds (8-12, 3-6) have won their last two consecutive games after having lost five in a row and eight of their last 10.