- Jonathan Joseph Granted Release From Siena
- Siena Ranks In Top 100 In Attendance Again
- Jessica Simmonds Named Siena Women’s Assistant
- DeAnna Winston Commits To Siena Women
- MAAC Tourney To Remain In Albany Through 2019
- Ryan Harkins To Be Named Director Of Operations At Siena
- Abe Woldeslassie To Be Named Siena Assistant
- Kevin Degnan To Transfer To Siena From Fairfield
- Siena Receives NLI’s From Three Future Saints
- Former Siena Saints To Team Up Again In The Tournament
Siena Women At Loyola
- Updated: February 2, 2013
The Siena women travel to Loyola on Saturday to face the Greyhounds. Tip off is scheduled for 2 pm.
In their first matchup Siena (8-12, 4-5) never trailed however Loyola, playing with out MAAC Preseason Player of the Year Katie Sheahin (flu), was able to keep the score within single digits for most of the way. The Greyhounds managed to tie the game four times, the last one coming with 9:23 to go. But the Saints exploded over the next seven minutes with 8 made free throws and 3 3-pointers good for a 17-2 run to finally pull away eventually winning 62-52.
Senior Lily Grenci led the Saints in that game with 20 points (6-9 FG) and 8 rebounds. Junior Clara Sole Anglada also came up big with 18 points, including 3 3-pointers, and 8 rebounds. Tehresa Coles added 10 points and 7 rebounds for the Saints.
Sheahin is currently third in the MAAC in scoring (15.2), fourth in steals (2.6) and sixth in assists (3.2). The Greyhounds (8-12, 3-6) have won their last two consecutive games after having lost five in a row and eight of their last 10.