- Saints To Play Exhibition vs. IUP on Nov. 2
- Siena Men and Women To Appear Plenty On ESPN
- Khalil Richard Commits To Siena
- Siena 2015-2016 MAAC Schedule Announced
- Siena’s Emia Willingham Likely Out For Season
- OD Anosike Signs To Play In Spain
- Contract Extended For Siena Women’s Coach Ali Jaques
- Ryan Rossiter To Return To Japan
- Javion Ogunyemi Returning To Siena
- Rob Poole Signs To Begin Pro Career In Poland
Siena Women At Loyola
- Updated: February 2, 2013
The Siena women travel to Loyola on Saturday to face the Greyhounds. Tip off is scheduled for 2 pm.
In their first matchup Siena (8-12, 4-5) never trailed however Loyola, playing with out MAAC Preseason Player of the Year Katie Sheahin (flu), was able to keep the score within single digits for most of the way. The Greyhounds managed to tie the game four times, the last one coming with 9:23 to go. But the Saints exploded over the next seven minutes with 8 made free throws and 3 3-pointers good for a 17-2 run to finally pull away eventually winning 62-52.
Senior Lily Grenci led the Saints in that game with 20 points (6-9 FG) and 8 rebounds. Junior Clara Sole Anglada also came up big with 18 points, including 3 3-pointers, and 8 rebounds. Tehresa Coles added 10 points and 7 rebounds for the Saints.
Sheahin is currently third in the MAAC in scoring (15.2), fourth in steals (2.6) and sixth in assists (3.2). The Greyhounds (8-12, 3-6) have won their last two consecutive games after having lost five in a row and eight of their last 10.