- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
- Press Conference And Lockerroom Reaction
- Siena Hangs Tough In Loss At Monmouth
- Late Surge Seals Siena Win Over Niagara
- Postgame Press Conference and Lockerroom Reaction
- Siena Rolls In Win Over Manhattan
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Manhattan
- She Said Yes: Siena Alum Receives Proposal After Sinking Half Court Shot
Siena Coaching Search Update
- Updated: March 27, 2013
Update: by all indications the search is down to three.
Now over two weeks into the process of identifying a new Siena head coach, things seem to be heating up. Here are a few updates.
Steve Amedio of Keepin Track of the MAAC reported this morning that two sources confirmed that Siena AD John D’Argenio has conducted off campus interviews with Loyola head coach Jimmy Patsos and Florida International head coach Richard Pitino. He also stated his souces indicated both candidates will be on campus later this week for the next round of interviews.
Times Union reporter Mark Singelais reported on Wednesday that sources familiar with the process indicated that Siena AD John D’Argenio had met with Robert Morris head coach Andy Toole and VCU associate head coach Mike Rhoades.
Loyola head coach Jimmy Patsos, believed to be a Siena candidate, saw his team’s season come to an end Tuesday night with a loss in the CIT. Things may become clearer regarding Patsos as a potential candidate in the next couple days.
Dave Paulsen, head coach at Bucknell had been considered a strong candidate for the Northwestern opening. With the news of Duke assistant Chris Collins as the choice at Northwestern, Paulsen may be in play at Siena.
For all the latest check out our list of Siena coaching options at a glance.