- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Senior Night…… Wouldn’t It Be Nice?
- Updated: February 23, 2011
Wouldn’t it be nice…… if for just one night…It wasn’t too cold….didn’t have to go to the gym….didn’t have a test to study for…didn’t have to go to a party….weren’t too tired….wasn’t easier to watch the game on t.v. ..there wasn’t Jersey Shore reruns to watch…wasn’t a paper to write… weren’t bummed by the fewer wins this season… weren’t taking out frustrations on Mitch… or any of the other excuses that prevent a fan from making the trip down to the Times Union Center?
Wouldn’t it be nice if everyone realized that for these 3 seniors there will be no more home games and no MAAC tourney in Albany this year? If instead of making excuses, fans focused on the efforts these Seniors made and the sacrifices they made and the excuses they fought through they would turn out in a big way.
After the MAAC championships and the NCAA appearances.. after Kenny had taken his talents to South Beach and then joined Alex and Ronald who had taken there talents overseas… and Tay was trotting the globe..and Fran had hit the big time, Ryan was left with a wounded sidekick on the bench … still working …still fighting… still proving the doubters wrong and making his mark on the Siena history books all with class and heart …and being NICE. Wouldn’t it be nice if we gave back… Siena fans…students…The Dog Pound …just one more night?
As the annual tradition of Senior Night approaches, when tribute will be paid to the careers of Ryan Rossiter, Clarence Jackson, and Steven Priestley I can’t help but to be curious as to what the fan turnout will be. In spite of the frustration of many Siena “faithful” I would hope that for this night the fans in particular the Siena students a.k.a. Dog Pound would remember the contributions of these student/athletes. It’s the least we can do. Wouldn’t it be nice? I will be there, will you?….. It would be NICE.