- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
Saints To Play St. Joseph’s On Day 2 Of The Old Spice Classic
- Updated: November 28, 2013
Following their loss to the nationally ranked Memphis Tigers on Thanksgiving night, Siena will take on St. Joseph’s of the Atlantic 10 on Friday in their next contest in the Old Spice Classic. The game will be broadcast live on ESPNU and tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m.
Siena is 3-3 all-time vs. St. Joseph’s with the two teams splitting the last 2 meetings. Siena won in 2009-10, 92-75 and in the most recent game (2010-2011), the Hawks came out on top, 58-48.
St. Joseph’s lost their opening round game to LSU, 82-65. Ronald Roberts Jr. led the way for the Hawks with 21 points and 7 rebounds. Halil Kanacevic added 12 points.
St. Joe’s enters the matchup with Siena with a record of 2-2 with a win at Vermont (74-64) and vs. Marist (81-62) and losses vs. Creighton (83-79) and LSU. They are led in scoring by. 6-8 senior forward Ronald Roberts Jr. with 17.8 pg. along with 7.5 rpg. Langston Galloway, a 6-2 senior guard averages 15.8 ppg. and 6-6 freshman forward DeAndre Bembry adds 11.3 ppg
Galloway and Roberts were both named to the Atlantic 10 Preseason All-Conference Second Team. Roberts reached his 1,000th career point in the loss Thursday night. Bembry was named the Atlantic10 Rookie of the Week for Nov. 18. The freshman averaged 14.0 points in two games, with a high of 20 points against Creighton. Now in his 19th year, Phil Martelli is the head coach of the Hawks who finished the 2012-2013 season with an overall record of 18-14, 8-8 in the A 10.