- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- Updated: March 5, 2011
Games in March are about one thing… winning ! That is exactly the end result for the Siena Saints after a hard fought battle in the first round of the MAAC tournament as they defeated Manhattan 68-66 in overtime. It wasn’t always pretty but after a great performance by Clarence Jackson who led the Saints with 24 points, Siena survives to play another day. For Clarence a season of frustration was all forgotten as he nailed six 3-pointers and grabbed six rebounds to help ignite the Siena offense. For Senior Ryan Rossiter it was another “typical” double double as he added 17 points and 14 rebounds.
Siena fought a balanced Manhattan attack as all 5 starters finished with double figures led by guard Kidani Brutus who had 16 points. The Saints also had to overcome their own demons as they committed 17 turnovers, many unforced. But down the stretch in overtime a key 3 pointer by Owen Wignot seemed to be the defining moment to seal the victory.
The Saints move on to face Iona a team they split with during the regular season Saturday night 7:30 on MSG.