- Ryan Harkins To Be Named Director Of Operations At Siena
- Abe Woldeslassie To Be Named Siena Assistant
- Kevin Degnan To Transfer To Siena From Fairfield
- Siena Receives NLI’s From Three Future Saints
- Former Siena Saints To Team Up Again In The Tournament
- Anna Lundquist Joins Siena Women
- Patsos Receives Two Year Extension At Siena
- Sammy Friday Commits To Siena
- Ryan Oliver Invited To Gotham Hoops Invitational
- LaRose Transferring From Siena
Saints Stumble At Loyola
- Updated: February 2, 2013
Siena struggled through their most dismal half of basketball this season on the offensive end and fell to Loyola, 53-37 at Reitz Arena. After a marked improvement over the last six games averaging 62.7 ppg., the Saints sputtered initially and ultimately stalled, unable to score a single field goal over the last ten and a half minutes of the game.
The two teams were fairly even in the first half as both shot 33.3% from the field and Siena would trail by just 2, 28-26 going into the break.
In the second half, the Saints (8-13, 4-6) didn’t score their first bucket until the 12:42 mark, a jumper by Symone Kelly. Then things went from bad to worse as they shot just 3-22 (13.6%) in field goal attempts in the half, the last make coming with 10:33 to go in the game. That Kate Zarotney jumper pulled Siena within 6, 39-33 but they would manage only 4 free throws the rest of the way.
Lily Grenci led Siena with 13 points along with 5 rebounds. Tehresa Coles scored 9 points and Zarotney added 8.
MAAC Preseason Player of the Year Katie Sheahin, who missed Siena’s win over Loyola in Loudonville two weeks ago, led the Greyhounds (9-12, 4-6) with 12 points and nine rebounds. Nicole Krusen, Alyssa Sutherland and Tiffany Padgett all added nine.
Siena returns to action on Friday at Manhattan at 7 p.m.