- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Saints Set to Take on Stags
- Updated: January 25, 2014
The Saints are set to square off against the Fairfield Stags Sunday, January 26. Tip off is set for noon and can locally be heard on 1300 AM. Free video is available via Collegeinsider.com.
Here is the least you should know:
- Siena enters the game 8-12 overall, 4-5 in the MAAC. With a win the Saints will better their win outputs overall and in conference play from a year ago.
- Fairfield enters at 4-16, 1-8 in the MAAC. Their one MAAC win was a 71-67 home victory over Manhattan.
- Fairfield is coming off a 63-60 loss at Monmouth on Thursday night.
- Siena is coming off a 64-47 home victory over Saint Peter’s. The game marked the second time this season the Saints have held an opponent to 47 points (Rider was the other). Before this season it had been six years since Siena had not held an opponent to 47 or fewer points (1/13/08 against Canisius).
- Siena and Fairfield both enter the game shooting 32.9% from three. Overall the Saints have outshot the Stags on the season 42.6% to 39.1%.
- The Stags are averaging 61.5 points per game while Siena is averagine 69.3 points per game.
- Siena is averaging 39.1 rpg, 24th nationally, with a +4.6 rebound margin per game which is second in the MAAC behind only Quinnipiac. Fairfield is averaging 35.4 rpg with a +0.4 rebound margin per game.
- Siena is ninth nationally averaging 12.6 offensive rebounds per game.
- The Stags are led by Sophomore forward Marcus Gilbert. Gilbert is averaging 13.8 ppg, 5 rpg, and 1.8 apg. He leads the team with a three point FG% of 37.9%.
- Freshman guard K.J. Rose leads the team in assists with 3.2 a game. He is averaging 7.1 ppg and 2.1 rpg.
- Senior forward Maurice Barrow is the only other player on the Stags averaging double figures. Mostly coming off the bench Barrow’s is averaging 12.7 ppg, 4.9 rpg, and 1.2 apg.
- Brett Bisping’s performance has been a tell tale sign of Siena success or failure on the court. In Siena’s eight wins the sophomore forward is averaging 11.9 points and shooting 61% while he is averaging only 6.6 points and shooting 47% in Siena’s 12 loses.
- Lavon Long has reached double figures in each of the Saints last two games including his first career double-double against Iona (16 pts 11 rebounds)
- Marquis Wright is averaging 11.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 5.8 assists over his last four games.