- Late Surge Seals Siena Win Over Niagara
- Postgame Press Conference and Lockerroom Reaction
- Siena Rolls In Win Over Manhattan
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Manhattan
- She Said Yes: Siena Alum Receives Proposal After Sinking Half Court Shot
- Monmouth Beats Siena Despite Wright’s Career Night
- Siena Beats Marist For Fourth Straight Road Win
- Siena Women Top Manhattan In Pink Zone Game
- Siena Comes Together For Big Road Win At Iona
- Nico Clareth is Back
Saints Fall Short Again At Niagara
- Updated: January 5, 2017
Siena again found themselves down by double digits in the second half and saw their rally fall short as they lost at Niagara Wednesday night, 71-66. The Saints remain winless on the road this season with a record of 0-10 away from home.
It was Siena’s fourth straight loss and their 11th straight road loss dating back to last season. The narrow defeat was Siena’s fifth by five points or less this season, including all three of their MAAC road games.
The game was tied at 47 midway through the second half before the Purple Eagles went on a 12-0 run in less than two minutes. Siena responded late in the game with a 10-1 run to close within one point, 67-66 with 1:33 to go after pair of Brett Bisping dunks.
The Saints missed their final 6 field goal attempts including a lay in by Marquis Wright and a follow up by Javion Ogunyemi that would have given them the lead with 37 seconds left. Niagara’s Dominic Robb converted a three-point play in transition and Siena missed a lay in and three straight three-pointers as they suffered another frustrating loss.
Bisping led Siena (4-11, 1-3) with 21 points, 17 of which came in the second half. He also added 7 rebounds and 3 steals. Ogunyemi had 17 points and 9 boards and Wright added 13 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists.
Kahlil Dukes and Matt Scott each scored 22 points for Niagara (5-10, 2-2). Robb added 10 points.
Siena returns home on Saturday to host Saint Peter’s. Tip off is at 7 p.m.
Jan 7 SAINT PETER’S* 7 PM
Jan 12 QUINNIPIAC* 8 PM
Jan 15 at Fairfield* 2 PM
Jan 17 RIDER* 7 PM
Jan 19 at Saint Peter’s* 8 PM