- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
Saints Attendance 80th in Nation
- Updated: May 12, 2012
The Saints finished the 2011-12 season with the 80th highest average attendance in NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball, drawing a total of 91,128 fans for an average of 6,509.
The attendance figure is a significant dip from 2010-11′s attendance figures when the team drew 114,383 fans, in 15 games as opposed to 14 this past season, for an average of 7,626 a game, 68th in the nation.
Despite the decline, Siena still was still tops in MAAC attendance and the only team from the conference to enter into the NCAA top 100. Iona was the closest conference member to Siena, with an average attendance of 2,476. As a conference the MAAC finished 23rd out of 32 with an average attendance figure of 2,081.
The MAAC Conference tournament also took a significant hit in attendance in its first year in Springfield, MA. The tournament averaged 2,048 fans per session to finish 24th out of 31 Division I conference tournaments. Notably, the America East Tournament, with an average session attendance of 2,574, outdrew the MAAC this season. This is a significant decline in attendance for the MAAC which saw an average of 3,415 fans per session in 2011 (The America East drew 2,193).