- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
- Nico Clareth Ready To Get Buckets and More For Siena
- Siena Releases Non Conference Schedule
- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
Saints Attendance 80th in Nation
- Updated: May 12, 2012
The Saints finished the 2011-12 season with the 80th highest average attendance in NCAA Men’s Division I Basketball, drawing a total of 91,128 fans for an average of 6,509.
The attendance figure is a significant dip from 2010-11′s attendance figures when the team drew 114,383 fans, in 15 games as opposed to 14 this past season, for an average of 7,626 a game, 68th in the nation.
Despite the decline, Siena still was still tops in MAAC attendance and the only team from the conference to enter into the NCAA top 100. Iona was the closest conference member to Siena, with an average attendance of 2,476. As a conference the MAAC finished 23rd out of 32 with an average attendance figure of 2,081.
The MAAC Conference tournament also took a significant hit in attendance in its first year in Springfield, MA. The tournament averaged 2,048 fans per session to finish 24th out of 31 Division I conference tournaments. Notably, the America East Tournament, with an average session attendance of 2,574, outdrew the MAAC this season. This is a significant decline in attendance for the MAAC which saw an average of 3,415 fans per session in 2011 (The America East drew 2,193).