- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Rossiter Tallies Monster Double-Double
- Updated: December 15, 2013
For former Siena Saint Ryan Rossiter, achieving a double-double was just another day at the office. With his scoring ability and strong work ethic on the boards, Siena’s all-time leading rebounder tallied double figures in points and rebounds 47 times over the course of his junior and senior years.
Currently in his third professional season, Rossiter has continued to be a consistent performer offensively as well as on the boards. In 24 games playing for Tochigi Brex in the National Basketball League, Japan’s top league, he has tallied 11 double-doubles.
On Saturday, Rossiter racked up an incredible 44 points and 26 rebounds in an 87-77 win over Kumamoto. He shot a red hot 19-27 from the field (70.4%) and converted 6 of 8 from the free throw line. Missing yet another double-double on Sunday by just one rebound he still managed to pour in a game-high 27 points (7-12 FG, 13-15 FT) in a 91-71 victory against the same opponent. Along with 9 rebounds, he also added 3 assists.
“Everything is going well,” said Rossiter. ”We’ve had some guys hurt and dropped a few games but got two big wins this weekend. Saturday I just had everything kind of go my way. Rebounds fell into my lap and some easy shots were there. I’ve had games where nothing goes your way so this was fun.”
Rossiter is now averaging 21.2 points and 10.7 rebounds per game, both team highs. He has scored in double figures in 21 out of 24 games, 20 or more points 16 times and 30 or more points 4 times. Previously named the Asia-basket.com Player of the Week in mid-November, Rossiter is now 4th in the league in scoring, 6th in rebounds.
“Off the court the team is great, a lot of good guys,” Rossiter said. ”Our point guard Yuta Tabuse has some NBA experience so I learn a lot from him and enjoy playing with him.”
For the latest updates visit our Ryan Rossiter Pro Saints page.