- Cold Shooting Costs Siena At Rider
- Clareth Leads Siena To Win Over Fairfield In MAAC Opener
- Postgame Comments Following Win Over Fairfield
- Game Preview: Siena Hosts Fairfield In MAAC Opener
- Saints Surrender Franciscan Cup To Bonnies
- Game Preview: Siena At St. Bonaventure
- Siena Women Lose Ovetime Heartbreaker in Albany Cup Game
- Slow First Half Sinks Siena In Albany Cup Game
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Loss At UAlbany
- Albany Cup Preview: Siena At UAlbany
Rakeem Brookins Removed From Siena Roster
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Following his arrest earlier this month, it appears that RS sophomore Rakeem Brookins is no longer with the Siena Basketball team. Although the school has released no official statement as to his status, Brookins is no longer listed on the team roster and an athletic department spokesman acknowledged that the names listed are the current members of the program.
Brookins faces felony burglary and larceny charges following an on-campus incident.
Brookins was this team’s third leading scorer this past season, averaging 11.3 points per game. After an early season 3-game suspension for violating athletic department policy, he missed an additional 9 games over the course of the year with a recurring back injury.
As a freshman, Brookins started in 25 of 31 games, averaging 9.0 points and 4.3 assists per game. He redshirted and sat out the entire following year due to a back injury which continued to plague him throughout this season.