- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Loyola
- Siena Women Lose In Overtime To Navy
- Game Preview: Siena vs. Loyola In Home Opener
- Brianna Logan To Leave Siena Women’s Program
- Siena Wins In Thriller At Bucknell
- Game Preview: Siena At Bucknell
- Siena Dominates Bryant In 2K Classic
- Siena Rolls Over Radford In 2K Classic
- Game Preview: Siena vs. Radford In 2K Classic
- Wisconsin Bounces Back And Beats Siena
Rakeem Brookins Removed From Siena Roster
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Following his arrest earlier this month, it appears that RS sophomore Rakeem Brookins is no longer with the Siena Basketball team. Although the school has released no official statement as to his status, Brookins is no longer listed on the team roster and an athletic department spokesman acknowledged that the names listed are the current members of the program.
Brookins faces felony burglary and larceny charges following an on-campus incident.
Brookins was this team’s third leading scorer this past season, averaging 11.3 points per game. After an early season 3-game suspension for violating athletic department policy, he missed an additional 9 games over the course of the year with a recurring back injury.
As a freshman, Brookins started in 25 of 31 games, averaging 9.0 points and 4.3 assists per game. He redshirted and sat out the entire following year due to a back injury which continued to plague him throughout this season.