- Siena’s Emia Willingham Likely Out For Season
- OD Anosike Signs To Play In Spain
- Ryan Rossiter To Return To Japan
- Javion Ogunyemi Returning To Siena
- Rob Poole Signs To Begin Pro Career In Poland
- Siena’s Kinnon LaRose Works To Prove He Belongs
- Hasbrouck and Moore Sign To Play in Italian SerieA Next Season
- Maddie Sims Commits To Siena
- Chelsea Wolf Named Director of Operations For Siena Women’s Basketball
- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
Rakeem Brookins Removed From Siena Roster
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Following his arrest earlier this month, it appears that RS sophomore Rakeem Brookins is no longer with the Siena Basketball team. Although the school has released no official statement as to his status, Brookins is no longer listed on the team roster and an athletic department spokesman acknowledged that the names listed are the current members of the program.
Brookins faces felony burglary and larceny charges following an on-campus incident.
Brookins was this team’s third leading scorer this past season, averaging 11.3 points per game. After an early season 3-game suspension for violating athletic department policy, he missed an additional 9 games over the course of the year with a recurring back injury.
As a freshman, Brookins started in 25 of 31 games, averaging 9.0 points and 4.3 assists per game. He redshirted and sat out the entire following year due to a back injury which continued to plague him throughout this season.