- Late Surge Seals Siena Win Over Niagara
- Postgame Press Conference and Lockerroom Reaction
- Siena Rolls In Win Over Manhattan
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Manhattan
- She Said Yes: Siena Alum Receives Proposal After Sinking Half Court Shot
- Monmouth Beats Siena Despite Wright’s Career Night
- Siena Beats Marist For Fourth Straight Road Win
- Siena Women Top Manhattan In Pink Zone Game
- Siena Comes Together For Big Road Win At Iona
- Nico Clareth is Back
Rakeem Brookins Removed From Siena Roster
- Updated: April 24, 2013
Following his arrest earlier this month, it appears that RS sophomore Rakeem Brookins is no longer with the Siena Basketball team. Although the school has released no official statement as to his status, Brookins is no longer listed on the team roster and an athletic department spokesman acknowledged that the names listed are the current members of the program.
Brookins faces felony burglary and larceny charges following an on-campus incident.
Brookins was this team’s third leading scorer this past season, averaging 11.3 points per game. After an early season 3-game suspension for violating athletic department policy, he missed an additional 9 games over the course of the year with a recurring back injury.
As a freshman, Brookins started in 25 of 31 games, averaging 9.0 points and 4.3 assists per game. He redshirted and sat out the entire following year due to a back injury which continued to plague him throughout this season.