- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
Pregame: Siena vs Rider
- Updated: January 6, 2013
Siena is on the road on Sunday to take on Rider in search of their first MAAC win of the season. Tip off is scheduled for 2 pm. The Saints will be looking to avenge a 62-56 loss to the Broncs a month ago and are hoping to break a 10 game losing streak.
Siena (2-12,0-3) is coming off of a 66-62 loss to Iona at home on Friday night. The loss was the seventh of the season in which they lost by six points or less.
In the December 7th loss to Rider, Siena managed to score just 22 first half points shooting just 9-27. In the second half, after trailing by as many as 14, they would close the gap shooting 50% in the second half but the Broncs held on for the six-point win. Rakeem Brookins led Siena with 12 points, OD Anosike added 11 points and 12 rebounds and Rob Poole also scored 11.
Anthony Myles led the way for Rider in that game with 20 points. Jonathon Thompson scored 12 along with 9 rebounds and 4 assists and Nurideen Lindsey added 11.
Rider enters this game with with a record of 6-9, 1-2 in the MAAC. They are coming off a 71-65 loss to Loyola on Friday and are looking for their first win since losing 5 straight after beating Siena in the MAAC opener.
Rider currently has four players scoring in double figures (Anthony Myles 12.6, Nurideen Lindsey 11.1, Jonathon Thompson 10.5 and Daniel Stewart 10.3), while Stewart, Myles and Thompson are combining for 15 rebounds per game.