- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
- Nico Clareth Ready To Get Buckets and More For Siena
- Siena Releases Non Conference Schedule
- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
Pre 80s Rd 2 Game 2
- Updated: August 10, 2011
Game 2 of round two features 1 seed Fred Shear against 4 seed Billy Harrell. The winner will go on to face 7 seed Bob Hermann for a chance at the final 4.
Fred Shear (1) played for Siena from 1970 to 1973. When looking at his accomplishments it is important to remember that they came in a time when players were only eligible to play for three years, played fewer games in a season and had no 3-point shot. His 1400 points ranks 12th all time at Siena. Besides being an avid scorer he was also a force on the boards. His 658 rebounds ranks 15th all time. During the 1970-1971 season he had 282 rebounds for an amazing average of 11.3 per game. Fred averaged 20.3 points per game for his career and was twice named AP College Division All American Honorable Mention.
Bill Harrell (4): Harrell played for the Saints from 1949-1952. He is best known for his 1949-50 season in which Siena won the National Catholic Invitation Championship. During the season Harrell led the team in points, 311, and rebound, 387. His 387 rebounds stood as the single season record until broken this past season by Ryan Rossiter. Following his Senior season Harrell was named to the United Press Honorable Mention All American Team. Following his Siena career Harrell turned down offers to play for the Minneapolis Lakers and Harlem Globetrotters to pursue a professional baseball career. He played 342 big leagues games over 4 seasons for the Cleveland Indians and Boston Red Sox. In 1966 Harrell was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame and in 2006 he had his number retired, the first Siena basketball player to receive the honor.
Fred Shear (1) vs Billy Harrell (4)
- Fred Shear (1) (89%, 85 Votes)
- Billy Harrell (4) (11%, 11 Votes)
Total Voters: 96
Polls will close at 11:59pm on the 12th.