- Jonathan Joseph Granted Release From Siena
- Siena Ranks In Top 100 In Attendance Again
- Jessica Simmonds Named Siena Women’s Assistant
- DeAnna Winston Commits To Siena Women
- MAAC Tourney To Remain In Albany Through 2019
- Ryan Harkins To Be Named Director Of Operations At Siena
- Abe Woldeslassie To Be Named Siena Assistant
- Kevin Degnan To Transfer To Siena From Fairfield
- Siena Receives NLI’s From Three Future Saints
- Former Siena Saints To Team Up Again In The Tournament
Pre 80s Rd 2 Game 1
- Updated: August 2, 2011
Onto Round 2! In the first game of the second round we have cinderella, 7 seed Bob Hermann, going up against 3 seed Mike Catino. Hermann defeated 2 seed Steve Walters in a first round upset. Catino defeated the player many people thought would be the cinderella in the Pre 80s bracket, 6 seed Jack Mulvey. Here’s a look at the matchup!
Mike Catino (3): Catino played for the Saints from 1976-80. He led the Saints in scoring in 1977-78 and 1978-79 with averages of 16.2 and 15.2 ppg. During the 1977-78 season Catino twice broke the 40 point mark in a game. He dropped 42 vs Drexel and 41 vs St Francis, the third and fourth highest single game point totals in Saint history. Over his career Catino scored a total of 1,238 points, 24th all-time. Catino was also great at distributing the rock. His 426 career assists are 6th all-time and include an impressive 79-80 season in which he tallied 181 assists in 28 games. Catino was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 1985.
Bob Hermann (7): Played for the Saints from 1967-1970, finishing his career with 733 rebounds (9th all time) and 1258 points (23rd all time). In the 1968-69 season he led the team in rebounding with 294, a 12.8 rpg average and scoring with 494 pts, a 21.4 ppg average. In the 1969-70 season he repeated as the team scoring leader with 420 pts, a 19.7 ppg average. Hermann holds the record for most field goals made in a game, 20, which he set during the 68-69 season vs Cortland St, a game in which he scored 41 pts, tied for fourth highest point total in team history. Hermann was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 1978.
Mike Catino (3) vs Bob Hermann (7)
- Bob Hermann (7) (71%, 51 Votes)
- Mike Catino (3) (29%, 21 Votes)
Total Voters: 72
Polls will remain open until 11:59pm on the 4th.