- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
- Nico Clareth Ready To Get Buckets and More For Siena
- Siena Releases Non Conference Schedule
- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
Pre 80s Game 3
- Updated: July 19, 2011
Today’s matchup features 4 seed Billy Harrell vs 5 seed Gary Holle. Heres a look at each players individual accomplishments:
Bill Harrell (4): Harrell played for the Saints from 1949-1952. He is best known for his 1949-50 season in which Siena won the National Catholic Invitation Championship. During the season Harrell led the team in points, 311, and rebound, 387. His 387 rebounds stood as the single season record until broken this past season by Ryan Rossiter. Following his Senior season Harrell was named to the United Press Honorable Mention All American Team. Following his Siena career Harrell turned down offers to play for the Minneapolis Lakers and Harlem Globetrotters to pursue a professional baseball career. He played 342 big leagues games over 4 seasons for the Cleveland Indians and Boston Red Sox. In 1966 Harrell was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame and in 2006 he had his number retired, the first Siena basketball player to receive the honor.
Gary Holle (5): Holle played for the Saints from 1974-1976. He led the Saints in scoring and rebounds in the 74-75 and 75-76 seasons. During both seasons he had averages of 20.6 points per game. He averaged a very impressive 10 rebounds per game his junior year and 9 rebounds per game his senior year. During his senior season he scored 35 points vs Canisius. Following his career at Siena he went on to a professional baseball career. He was drafted by the Milwaukee Brewers in the 13th round in 1977 and eventually made his MLB debut with the Texas Rangers. Holle was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 1983.
Bill Harrell (4) vs Gary Holle (5)
- Bill Harrell (4) (77%, 40 Votes)
- Gary Holle (5) (23%, 12 Votes)
Total Voters: 52
Polls will close at 11:59pm on the 21rst.