- Brianna Logan To Leave Siena Women’s Program
- Siena Wins In Thriller At Bucknell
- Game Preview: Siena At Bucknell
- Siena Dominates Bryant In 2K Classic
- Siena Rolls Over Radford In 2K Classic
- Game Preview: Siena vs. Radford In 2K Classic
- Wisconsin Bounces Back And Beats Siena
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Loss At Wisconsin
- Game Preview: Siena At Wisconsin In 2K Classic
- Saints Prepare To Face The Wisconsin Badgers
Pre 80s Game 2
- Updated: July 13, 2011
Following a thrilling Game 1 in which 7 seed Bob Herman knocked off 2 seed Steve Walters, our game 2 participants are taking the floor. Tonight fans will get to decide between (3) Mike Catino and (6) Jack Mulvey. Here’s a look at the matchup:
Mike Catino (3): Catino played for the Saints from 1976-80. He led the Saints in scoring in 1977-78 and 1978-79 with averages of 16.2 and 15.2 ppg. During the 1977-78 season Catino twice broke the 40 point mark in a game. He dropped 42 vs Drexel and 41 vs St Francis, the third and fourth highest single game point totals in Saint history. Over his career Catino scored a total of 1,238 points, 24th all-time. Catino was also great at distributing the rock. His 426 career assists are 6th all-time and include an impressive 79-80 season in which he tallied 181 assists in 28 games. Catino was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 1985.
Jack Mulvey (6): Jack played for the Saints from 1962-65. Unlike many players in this bracket, Mulvey is not a 1000 point scorer, but was an absolute beast off the glass. In his senior season he once collected 30 rebounds in a single game. His 19.2 rebounds per game average that season still stands as a Siena record. Mulvey played only 53 games in his career and totaled 793 rebounds in that short time, a 15 rebound per game average, the highest in Siena history. To put that number in perspective, Ryan Rossiter, the Siena rebounding king, had only 743 boards through his first 3 seasons, 102 games. Mulvey was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 1971.
Mike Catino (3) vs Jack Mulvey (6)
- Mike Catino (3) (58%, 23 Votes)
- Jack Mulvey (6) (42%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 40
Polls will remain open until 11:59 pm on the 15th.