- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
- Ben Asher To Be Named Director of Basketball Operations at Siena
Pre 80s Game 1
- Updated: July 7, 2011
Live from the Washington Avenue Armory, 4guysinblazers presents game 1 of the All-Time Siena Player Bracket. In the opening night match-up fans will have the chance to see two faces that might not be familiar to many of today’s younger fans. Game One pits Bob Hermann (7) against Steve Walters (2). Here’s a look at the matchup:
Bob Hermann (7): Played for the Saints from 1967-1970, finishing his career with 733 rebounds (9th all time) and 1258 points (23rd all time). In the 1968-69 season he led the team in rebounding with 294, a 12.8 rpg average and scoring with 494 pts, a 21.4 ppg average. In the 1969-70 season he repeated as the team scoring leader with 420 pts, a 19.7 ppg average. Hermann holds the record for most field goals made in a game, 20, which he set during the 68-69 season vs Cortland St, a game in which he scored 41 pts, tied for fourth highest point total in team history. Hermann was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 1978.
Steve Walters (2): Played for the Saints from 1972-1976, averaging 15.5 points per game for his career. His 1340 points ranks him 16th all time for the Saints. In addition to his scoring touch, Walters was a presence on the boards, totaling 543 boards, 22nd all time, for an average of 7 rpg over his 78 game career. During the 1973-74 season Walters led the team in rebounding, averaging 7.9 rpg. During the 1973-74 season Walters twiced scored 35 points in a game, a feat he equaled once more during the 75-76 season. Walters achieved AP All-American Honorable Mention status for his 1974 and 1975 seasons. He was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 1982.
Steve Walters (2) vs Bob Herman (7)
- Bob Herman (7) (54%, 43 Votes)
- Steve Walters (2) (46%, 36 Votes)
Total Voters: 79
Voting ends at 11:59 pm on the 9th. Next game will be posted tomorrow evening.