- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Pre 80s Championship
- Updated: August 19, 2011
It comes down to this in the Pre 80s Bracket, a showdown between 7 seed Bob Hermann and 1 seed Fred Shear. Based on how each player’s fanbase has responded to this point we can expect to see a high voting close contest. The winner will claim the Pre 80s championship and move onto the final 4! Let’s take a look:
Bob Hermann (7): Played for the Saints from 1967-1970, finishing his career with 733 rebounds (9th all time) and 1258 points (23rd all time). In the 1968-69 season he led the team in rebounding with 294, a 12.8 rpg average and scoring with 494 pts, a 21.4 ppg average. In the 1969-70 season he repeated as the team scoring leader with 420 pts, a 19.7 ppg average. Hermann holds the record for most field goals made in a game, 20, which he set during the 68-69 season vs Cortland St, a game in which he scored 41 pts, tied for fourth highest point total in team history. Hermann was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 1978.
Fred Shear (1) played for Siena from 1970 to 1973. When looking at his accomplishments it is important to remember that they came in a time when players were only eligible to play for three years, played fewer games in a season and had no 3-point shot. His 1400 points ranks 12th all time at Siena. Besides being an avid scorer he was also a force on the boards. His 658 rebounds ranks 15th all time. During the 1970-1971 season he had 282 rebounds for an amazing average of 11.3 per game. Fred averaged 20.3 points per game for his career and was twice named AP College Division All American Honorable Mention.
Fred Shear (1) vs Bob Hermann (7)
- Fred Shear (1) (56%, 343 Votes)
- Bob Hermann (7) (44%, 273 Votes)
Total Voters: 616
Polls will remain open until 11:59pm on the 21rst.