- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
PF Imoh Silas
- Updated: February 17, 2011
The following is the ESPN.com writeup on future Saint Imoh Silas. Silas is a 6’8″ 210lb PF out of Holderness School in Plymouth, N.H. Silas was the 63rd rated PF with a scouting grade of 88.
Silas’ defense is still far ahead of his offense as he blocks shots and really cleans the glass on the defensive end of the floor. He is a strong one-on-one post defender with his only problem occasionally being with his ability to body up with a thicker low post prospect. Offensively, he is primarily a dunker who gets the majority of his points by crashing the offensive glass or running in transition. He is a very good shotblocker where he uses his exceptional timing to send back his opponents shots.
Physically, he’s exceptionally cut with a chiseled physique but could stand to add more bulk to compete at the highest level. His shooting stroke looks improved at the free-throw line but it is too much of a work in progress to show up during a high paced game. He finishes around the rim with both hands, and dunks when he’s supposed to, but is otherwise limited offensively with his hands and feet in need of a good deal of work.
This raw, low post big man is a solid athlete that runs the floor well and plays hard at all times. He changes the game defensively with his rebounding and shot blocking skills and is also a good on-the-ball interior defender. His game is very similar to the game of Ben Wallace.
Travel Team: Expressions Elite…Committed to Siena in Oct. 2010…