4GuysinBlazers

Martens Done For Season

Siena’s roster took another hit today when it was announced that Davis Martens will miss the 2011-12 season following hip surgery. The news comes on the heels of the announcement that freshmen forwards Imoh Silas and Lionel Gomis were ruled ineligible by the NCAA for the upcoming season. Following is the official Siena Press Release:

Junior forward Davis Martens will miss the 2011-12 Siena basketball season after undergoing hip surgery to repair a labrum tear on August 30. Martens is expected to return to the active rotation for the 2012-13 season with two years of athletic eligibility remaining.

“We want Davis to have a full recovery, and rejoin the team at 100 percent,” head coach Mitch Buonaguro said. “The surgery was successful, which is obviously great news. He has such a promising future with our program, and we can’t wait to have him back on the floor next year.”

The labrum tear resulted from a congenital condition called Femoral Acetabular Impingement Syndrome.

“I’m going to do what I can to be there for the team, and support my teammates,” Martens said. “It’s disappointing, but I’m going to hit my rehab hard and hopefully return better than before.”

Martens will redshirt the 2011-12 season. He appeared in 30 of Siena’s 31 games as a sophomore last year, averaging 2.2 points and 1.8 rebounds per game.

One Comment

  1. Anonymous

    September 13, 2011 at 3:40 pm

    Wow!!!! Murphy's Law continues to follow the Saints for the second year in a row. If they didn't have bad luck, they wouldn't hace any luck at all!!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *