- Late Surge Seals Siena Win Over Niagara
- Postgame Press Conference and Lockerroom Reaction
- Siena Rolls In Win Over Manhattan
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Manhattan
- She Said Yes: Siena Alum Receives Proposal After Sinking Half Court Shot
- Monmouth Beats Siena Despite Wright’s Career Night
- Siena Beats Marist For Fourth Straight Road Win
- Siena Women Top Manhattan In Pink Zone Game
- Siena Comes Together For Big Road Win At Iona
- Nico Clareth is Back
Manny Camper Commits To Siena
- Updated: January 18, 2017
According to multiple sources, Siena received a verbal commitment on Wednesday from 6-5 G/F Manny Camper for the 2017-2018 season. Camper from Kent County High School in Maryland had recently visited Siena and attended the game vs. St. Peter’s.
Currently a senior who has played both at the guard and forward positions, Camper was named North Bayside Player of the Year after averaging over 26 points per game as a junior.
In an article published last March on myeasternshoremd.com , Camper was described as Fast. Agile. Versatile. Dangerous. Smart.
“It’s a coach’s dream to have a kind of kid like that,” Kent County head coach Sobaye Scott said of Camper. “He’s a true leader. … He’s a definite gym rat — he goes above and beyond; he wants to get better every day, he encourages teammates to get better every day. There’s nothing more you can ask for in a kid that’s determined to succeed.”
Camper from Worton, Md. competed with Team Melo on the AAU circuit. He had reportedly also received interest from other schools including Rider and Robert Morris.
According to the Times Union Camper was referred to Siena by a Maryland assistant coach following an unofficial visit to that school.
Camper joins guard Roman Penn, who just arrived on campus on Tuesday along with forward Prince Oduro and guard Jordan Horn in the incoming recruiting class.