- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
MAAC Announces 2014-2015 Men’s Basketball Schedule
- Updated: August 27, 2014
Release courtesy of the Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference
EDISON, N.J. – The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference has announced the men’s basketball league schedule for the 2014-15 season.
With 11 MAAC teams, each team will continue to play 20 league games, facing each team twice in the double round-robin format (“home-and-home”).
Matchups that highlight the 2014-15 season include:
· The first league game of the season will feature Niagara University at Saint Peter’s University on Nov. 20 at the Yanitelli Center in Jersey City, N.J.
· New Marist College head coach Mike Maker’s inaugural MAAC league game will be on Dec. 4 at home against Monmouth University. Coach Maker will get his first taste of MAAC rival Siena College when the Red Foxes visit Albany, New York on Jan. 23. Siena will visit Marist on Feb. 12.
· On Dec. 6, Canisius College and Niagara University will meet up early in the season for the “Battle of the Bridge.” The two Western New York schools will meet again on Feb. 24.
· Fairfield University and Quinnipiac University continue their in-state rivalry the next day on Sunday Dec. 7 in Hamden, Connecticut and then the rivalry heads to Bridgeport, Connecticut on Friday Feb. 13.
· The Hour-Glass Rivalry between New Jersey schools Monmouth University, Rider University, and Saint Peter’s University will kick-off when Rider host Saint Peter’s on Jan. 10 and Monmouth on Jan. 12. Monmouth will host Saint Peter’s on Jan. 14 and host Rider on Feb. 26. Saint Peter’s will host Rider on Jan. 29, and Monmouth on Feb. 19.
· On Friday Feb. 13, Iona College and Manhattan College renew their rivalry when the Jaspers host the Gaels in a rematch of the previous two MAAC Championship title games. The two teams will play again on February 27 at Iona.
The full 2014-15 MAAC television broadcast schedule will be announced on a later date.
The league regular season ends with the 2015 MAAC Championship, March 5-9, at the Times Union Center in Albany, N.Y. The 2015 MAAC Championship title game will take place on Monday, March 9 and will air on ESPN or ESPN2 with the winner earning the leagues automatic bid to the NCAA Championship.