- Siena’s Emia Willingham Likely Out For Season
- OD Anosike Signs To Play In Spain
- Contract Extended For Siena Women’s Coach Ali Jaques
- Ryan Rossiter To Return To Japan
- Javion Ogunyemi Returning To Siena
- Rob Poole Signs To Begin Pro Career In Poland
- Siena’s Kinnon LaRose Works To Prove He Belongs
- Hasbrouck and Moore Sign To Play in Italian SerieA Next Season
- Maddie Sims Commits To Siena
- Chelsea Wolf Named Director of Operations For Siena Women’s Basketball
Lily Grenci Named MAAC player of the Week
- Updated: January 21, 2013
Following a career-high performance, and two dominant outings leading her team to victory, Siena senior captain Lily Grenci has been named the MAAC Conference Player of the Week. In front of a nation wide audience via ESPN 3, Grenci exploded for a career best 30 points on Thursday in a 75-60 win over Saint Peter’s. Three days later she scored 20 points in a home win over Loyola.
For the week Grenci, a Preseason All-MAAC First Team selection, averaged 25.0 points, shooting 65.4% (17-23) from the field, along with 8.0 rebounds per game. She also shot an impressive 85.7% (12-14) from the free throw line and showed her versatility by hitting 4-4 from 3-point land. Her performance earned her Player of the Week honors for the second time in her career.
Grenci is currently second in the MAAC in scoring (15.4) points per game and third in rebounding (9.0). In MAAC conference games only she is leading with a 19.3 ppg average over 6 games to go along with 9.5 rebounds.