- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
- Ben Asher To Be Named Director of Basketball Operations at Siena
Lily Grenci Named MAAC player of the Week
- Updated: January 21, 2013
Following a career-high performance, and two dominant outings leading her team to victory, Siena senior captain Lily Grenci has been named the MAAC Conference Player of the Week. In front of a nation wide audience via ESPN 3, Grenci exploded for a career best 30 points on Thursday in a 75-60 win over Saint Peter’s. Three days later she scored 20 points in a home win over Loyola.
For the week Grenci, a Preseason All-MAAC First Team selection, averaged 25.0 points, shooting 65.4% (17-23) from the field, along with 8.0 rebounds per game. She also shot an impressive 85.7% (12-14) from the free throw line and showed her versatility by hitting 4-4 from 3-point land. Her performance earned her Player of the Week honors for the second time in her career.
Grenci is currently second in the MAAC in scoring (15.4) points per game and third in rebounding (9.0). In MAAC conference games only she is leading with a 19.3 ppg average over 6 games to go along with 9.5 rebounds.