- Abe Woldeslassie To Be Named Siena Assistant
- Kevin Degnan To Transfer To Siena From Fairfield
- Siena Receives NLI’s From Three Future Saints
- Former Siena Saints To Team Up Again In The Tournament
- Anna Lundquist Joins Siena Women
- Patsos Receives Two Year Extension At Siena
- Sammy Friday Commits To Siena
- Ryan Oliver Invited To Gotham Hoops Invitational
- LaRose Transferring From Siena
- Jimmy Paige Transferring From Siena
Lavon Long Reported To Committ To Siena
- Updated: April 25, 2013
Siena has reportedly received a commitment from 6-7, 230-pound forward Lavon Long of Maryland to play for the Saints beginning this fall. Long who had originally committed to play for Loyola, received his release from that school and opted to follow new Siena coach Jimmy Patsos to Loudonville. Long committed today while on an official visit to the Siena campus and announced his commitment via twitter.
Long, who began his high school career at Mount St. Joseph, transferred to Oakland Mills for his senior year where he was named Howard County Player of the Year after averaging 15 points, 10.8 rebounds, 3.6 blocks 3 assists and 2.5 steals a per game, leading his team to a 22-1 record and a trip to the regional finals.
Long’s AAU coach James Lee with Mid Atlantic Select described him as a “very versatile player. He can, with his size, go down and take on bigger players. And he has the versatility and skill-set to play on the perimeter, which was very intriguing to me. What I like about him the most is his competitiveness. No matter who he’s playing against, he’s going to compete to the fullest on both ends, offensively and defensively.”
Originally recruited by Siena, Long had received interest and scholarship offers over 20 schools including Loyola, Binghamton, Bryant, Dayton, Delaware, Fairfield, FDU, Kennesaw St., LIU Brooklyn, Northeastern, Radford, Rider, Robert Morris, Sacred Heart, Towson, Wagner and VCU.