- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
Khalil Richard Commits To Siena
- Updated: September 15, 2015
— Khalil Richard (@Hoopin_Lil) September 16, 2015
Originally from Baltimore, Md., Richard had reportedly received other offers including George Mason, Cleveland State, UT Martin, Loyola, Towson, Cornell, Fairfield, Boston University, UMBC and Wright State. Known as a hard-nosed scoring guard and a solid student, Richard was said to have had interest and taken an unofficial visit to Rutgers. He had also received interest from Maryland, Indiana, Clemson, Notre Dame, Miami and others.
Pat Lawless of HoopGroup.com says, “Khalil Richard has a knack for getting to the rim with his strength and toughness.”
Former AAU coach Bub Carrington said, ”Khalil is special. I love Khalil. He’s got ‘it,’ as he can make every shot. He can make shots off the right foot, off the left foot, floaters, mid-range, long-range game. Been doing it all his life, in the gym all his life as ball boy, you name it, as his dad is a coach. His dad is a rec ball coaching legend around here.”
Richard, who visited the Siena campus last weekend, competed with the Baltimore Elite AAU program, the same club as current Siena freshmen Nico Clareth and Evan Fisher. He played for St. Frances Academy in Baltimore before transferring to Georgia for his senior year. As a junior he averaged 12.9 points, 3.0 assists and 2.4 rebounds per game and shot 45% (55-123) from 3-point range for St. Frances.