- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
- Siena Tops Marist On Senior Day
Kevin Degnan To Transfer To Siena From Fairfield
- Updated: May 19, 2016
Siena will have another new addition this fall as 6-9 forward/center Kevin Degnan announced via Twitter on Thursday that he will be transferring from Fairfield to play for the Saints. He will have two years of eligibility remaining.
— kevin degnan (@degnan40) May 19, 2016
Degnan just completed his sophomore season in which he appeared in 24 games, averaging 3.1 points and 1.6 rebounds in 7.3 minutes per game. He shot 48.4% (30-62) from the field overall and 44.8% (13-29) from three-point range. As a freshman, Degnan appeared in 21 games averaging 2.5 points and 20 rebounds in 10.8 minutes of play per game.
Degnan who hails from Rockland, NY/Pearl River High School was originally recruited by the Saints before committing to Fairfield. He had also received interest and offers from Wagner, Vermont, Rhode Island, Quinnipiac, New Hampshire, Iona, FDU, Manhattan, James Madison, Stony Brook, Fordham and Duquesne.
It appears that Degnan will come to Siena as a walk-on with no known scholarships available. He would also have to sit out the upcoming season per NCAA transfer rules.