- Siena Gets Revenge And Rolls Over St. Peter’s
- Postgame Comments Following Win Over St. Peter’s
- Game Day Preview: Siena Hosts St. Peter’s
- The Season: Siena Saints a behind the scenes look
- Siena Beats Niagara To Sweep Western NY Trip
- Siena Expodes On Offense And Rolls Over Canisius
- Defense Fuels Saints To Another Home Win
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Rider
- Game Preview: Siena Hosts Rider
- Monmouth Runs Sink Saints
Javion Ogunyemi Commits To Siena
- Updated: November 9, 2012
Siena has received a verbal commitment from 6-8 forward Javion Ogunyemi to play for the Saints beginning in 2013. Ogunyemi, a local product from nearby Troy, (NY) High School and member of the Albany City Rocks AAU program, gave his commitment to play for Siena after recently making an official visit to the Loudonville campus.
Troy High Head Coach Rich Hurley stated that Ogunyemi chose Siena due to his relationship with the coaches, the opportunity for early playing time and the team’s potential.
Ogunyemi is a skilled forward who reportedly also received offers from Iowa State, Fordham, James Madison, Deleware, Rhode Island Holy Cross, Buffalo and Albany. He had also received interest from Clemson, Providence, Syracuse, Temple,Maryland, Virginia Tech, Florida and Wake Forest. He had recently narrowed his choices to Siena and James Madison, who are coached by former Siena point guard Matt Brady and his assistant and former Siena Head Coach Mike Deane.
With the commitment, head coach Mitch Buonaguro has secured players to fill the two available scholarships for the 2013 recruiting class. The team has also secured a commitment from 6-1 guard, Stephan Jiggetts from Forestville, Maryland.
Here is a video feature on Ogunyemi from WNYT.