- Cold Shooting Costs Siena At Rider
- Clareth Leads Siena To Win Over Fairfield In MAAC Opener
- Postgame Comments Following Win Over Fairfield
- Game Preview: Siena Hosts Fairfield In MAAC Opener
- Saints Surrender Franciscan Cup To Bonnies
- Game Preview: Siena At St. Bonaventure
- Siena Women Lose Ovetime Heartbreaker in Albany Cup Game
- Slow First Half Sinks Siena In Albany Cup Game
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Loss At UAlbany
- Albany Cup Preview: Siena At UAlbany
Grenci’s Career High Leads Saints Over St. Peter’s
- Updated: January 17, 2013
Senior Lily Grenci scored a career-high 30 points leading Siena to a 75-60 win over St. Peter’s at the Yantelli Center in Jersey City, NJ. With the win the Saints move to 6-10 overall and 2-3 in the MAAC.
Grenci dominated in the first half scoring 20, as Siena was able to control the paint effectively feeding the post and out rebounding St. Peter’s 20-11. Grenci also stepped outside hitting 3-3 three pointers in the half. Overall Siena shot 50% led by Grenci who shot 8-11 from the field in the first 20 minutes and Siena led 36-29.
Siena led by double figures for most of the second half leading by as many as 17 and never faltered shooting a season-best 51.9% (28-54) for the game and out-scoring St. Peter’s in the paint 42-24. The Saints also dished out a season-high 21 assists led by Ida Krogh with 6.
In addition to Grenci’s 30 points and 8 rebounds, Clara Sole Anglada added 10 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists for Siena, and Tehresa Coles added 8 points, 7 rebounds and 6 steals and 4 assists.
Aziza May led the Peacocks (0-16, 0-5) with 19 points and 8 assists. Kristal Edwards added 15 and Kaydine Bent 14.
Siena will return home next to take on Loyola on Sunday at 1 p.m. at the ARC.