- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
- Ben Asher To Be Named Director of Basketball Operations at Siena
Former Siena Coach Bob Beyer Arrested
- Updated: August 16, 2013
Former Siena head coach and current assistant of the NBA’s Charlotte Bobcats was arrested in Saratoga Thursday night following an incident at a Saratoga bar. Police arrested Beyer, 51, for resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, and obstructing governmental administration, all misdemeanors.
Beyer was an assistant coach at Siena from 1989 to 1993 under Mike Deane and later returned as head coach from 1994 to 1997. He was fired following a 3-year record of 22-59. He went on to serve as an assistant at Northwestern, Texas Tech and Dayton as well as the Toronto Raptors, Orlando Magic and Golden State Warriors of the NBA before recently joining Charlotte last month.
Here is a link to the story from the Saratogian for more details: