- Siena Receives NLI’s From Three Future Saints
- Former Siena Saints To Team Up Again In The Tournament
- Anna Lundquist Joins Siena Women
- Patsos Receives Two Year Extension At Siena
- Sammy Friday Commits To Siena
- Ryan Oliver Invited To Gotham Hoops Invitational
- LaRose Transferring From Siena
- Jimmy Paige Transferring From Siena
- Saints’ Season Ends In CBI Loss To Morehead State
- Photos: CBI Siena vs. Morehead State
Canisius Gets Revenge on Saints
- Updated: January 20, 2013
The Saints suffered a humbling loss at Canisius to cap off a disastrous western NY road trip. Getting revenge for a buzzer beater loss to the Saint, the Golden Griffins ran over a short handed Saints squad, 76-44. The Saints have now lost 14 of its last 15 MAAC road games, with all four this season being by at least 19 points.
Canisius handled the Saints from start to finish, running up a 42-19 half time lead. The Saints played all of the second half with starting guard Rakeem Brookins who reaggrevated his back injury. In his absence walk-ons Chris Leppannen saw 12 minutes of action while Steven Cruz scored 2 points while grabbing a rebound and contributing an assist in 4 minutes of action.
Rich Audu scored a team high 11 points in 35 minutes of action. Audu started for the second straight game. The Saints were again without the services of Rob Poole (flu) and Ryan Oliver (knee).
Imoh Silas contributed a solid 26 minutes with 8 points, on 4-5 shooting, to go with 5 rebounds and 2 blocks.
Evan Hymes had a team high 5 assists and 9 turnovers.
A 32 point loss to a MAAC opponent, to Canisius no less, stings. Clearly preseason aspirations of a 20 win season have long since faded, replaced by new questions of if this team can avoid the play in game in the MAAC tournament. 10 games still remain on the Saints MAAC schedule, and everyone is pivotal in trying to finish in the top 6, a position even with the tough road trip the team finds itself only 1 game out of.
Siena returns home this Friday to take on Niagara and look to avenge its loss last Thursday.