- Late Surge Seals Siena Win Over Niagara
- Postgame Press Conference and Lockerroom Reaction
- Siena Rolls In Win Over Manhattan
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Manhattan
- She Said Yes: Siena Alum Receives Proposal After Sinking Half Court Shot
- Monmouth Beats Siena Despite Wright’s Career Night
- Siena Beats Marist For Fourth Straight Road Win
- Siena Women Top Manhattan In Pink Zone Game
- Siena Comes Together For Big Road Win At Iona
- Nico Clareth is Back
Canisius Edges Siena
- Updated: January 3, 2017
Siena rallied from a 13-point second half deficit to pull within three late in the game but fell short as Canisius edged the Saints 82-79 Monday afternoon. With the loss, Siena remains winless on the road moving to 0-9 away from home this season.
Four Siena players finished in double figures led by Javion Ogunyemi with 19 points who also pulled down 8 rebounds. Brett Bisping scored 17 points with 8 boards, Marquis Wright had 15 points, 7 assists and 5 rebounds, Nico Clareth added 10 points, 8 rebounds and 3 steals.
Siena (4-10, 1-2) held a strong advantage inside outscoring the Griffs 52-32 in the paint and outrebounding them 41-32. The Saints struggled again from the outside shooting just 2-14 (14.3%) from three-point range.
Canisius (9-5, 2-1) was led by Kassius Robertson with 21 points. Jermaine Crumpton had 16 points, Spencer Foley scored 15 and Phil Valenti added 10.
The Saints continue their western New York on Wednesday as they take on Niagara. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. in a game to be televised throughout New York on Time Warner Cable SportsChannel.
Jan 4 at Niagara* 7 PM
Jan 7 SAINT PETER’S* 7 PM
Jan 12 QUINNIPIAC* 8 PM
Jan 15 at Fairfield* 2 PM
Jan 17 RIDER* 7 PM