- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Audu And Hopper To Leave Siena
- Updated: April 11, 2014
As has been rumored previously, sophomore guard Rich Audu will be transferring from Siena. Head Coach Jimmy Patsos confirmed today that he would be pursuing other opportunities which would allow him more playing time. Audu missed the final half of the season due to a knee injury which required surgery and is said to be looking at Division II possibilities including Fairmont (W. Va.) State and Gannon (Pa.).
Audu, from Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, appeared in just 13 games this season averaging 4.0 minutes and .7 points per game. As a freshman, he played in 30 games, averaging 13.8 minutes per game. He made four starts and averaged 2.8 points per game and shot a team-best 93% (14-15) from the free throw line.
Marcus Hopper as previously reported will also be leaving Siena. He confirmed today via Twitter that he will be transferring to Division II Queens College located in his hometown of Queeens, NY. Hopper redshirted this season and will have two years of eligibility left. As a sophomore he appeared in 6 games for a total of 13 minutes while as a freshman he played in 21 games averaging 3.8 minutes of playing time.
The departure of Audu and Hopper clears the way for Jimmy Paige and Willem Brandwijk who have committed to play for the Saints in the upcoming season. They will be joined by Cameron Gottfried who will join the team as a walk-on.