- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Another Tough Break For Siena Women: Booth Expected To Miss Season
- Updated: November 6, 2014
The Siena women were dealt another tough blow when it was determined that senior Kelsey Booth will likely miss the entire 2014-15 season due to a hip injury. Booth who had made great strides of improvement last season would have been a key component to this years team. She will undergo a hip labral repair.
The Saints were already the victim of bad luck when sophomore point guard Brianna Logan’s season tore her ACL minutes into the first official practice. It was previously announced that Logan would miss this season as well.
“As a coach, I really feel for Kelsey,” said head coach Ali Jaques. “She was our most improved player last season and was playing her best basketball in February and March. As frustrating as it is, I know that our team will persevere and Kelsey will work hard through her surgery and rehab to come back stronger than ever.”
Booth appeared in all 31 games during her junior season for the Saints and made her first four collegiate starts. She averaged 7.4 points and 4.0 rebounds in 18.5 minutes and led the Saints in threes (41), blocks (22) and free-throw percentage (.914).
Booth posted the following message on Instagram in response to the unfortunate news: