- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
- Nico Clareth Ready To Get Buckets and More For Siena
- Siena Releases Non Conference Schedule
- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
All Time Saint Championship!
- Updated: September 5, 2011
After almost two months we have reached the finals of the All Time Saint Championship. The matchup is probably not many had going into the tournament, but tonight we have Fred Shear, the 1 seed from the Pre 80s bracket, squaring off against Kenny Hasbrouck, the 1 seed from the 2000s bracket. In their first final four matchups Kenny Hasbrouck narrowly edged out Marc Brown and Fred Shear dominated Doremus Bennerman. Heres the matchup:
Kenny Hasbrouck (1): Kenny played for the Saints from 2005-2009 and was one of the corner stones of the most successful era of Saints basketball. During his tenure the Saints went to two NCAA tournaments, winning games against Vanderbilt and an OT thriller against Ohio State. Kenny finished his career with 1,917 points, 4th all time. In his four years at Siena his lowest scoring average was 12.4 during his freshman campaign. During the 2006-07 season Kenny scored 36 pts vs MAAC opponent Rider, a feat he almost equaled a year later vs MAAC rival Marist when he scored 35. Kenny wasn’t just a great scoring option, he could also distribute the rock. His 331 assists rank 12th on the Saints all time list. Oh and did we mention his 248 career steals ranks first all-time? For his efforts Kenny achieved national and conference recognition by being named to the AP All-American Honorable Mention team and earning MAAC Player of the Year Honors in 2009. Kenny also achieved Siena’s highest honor. He is one of only three players to have their number hanging from the TUC rafters.
Fred Shear (1) played for Siena from 1970 to 1973. When looking at his accomplishments it is important to remember that they came in a time when players were only eligible to play for three years, played fewer games in a season and had no 3-point shot. His 1400 points ranks 12th all time at Siena. Besides being an avid scorer he was also a force on the boards. His 658 rebounds ranks 15th all time. During the 1970-1971 season he had 282 rebounds for an amazing average of 11.3 per game. Fred averaged 20.3 points per game for his career and was twice named AP College Division All American Honorable Mention.
All Time Saint Championship
- Fred Shear (71%, 137 Votes)
- Kenny Hasbrouck (29%, 55 Votes)
Total Voters: 192
Polls will close at 11:59pm on the 7th.