- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena vs. #5 Fairfield
- MAAC Tourney Preview: #4 Siena Women vs. #5 Iona
- All MAAC Teams Announced
- Men’s and Women’s MAAC Championship Brackets
All He Does Is Win: Ronald Moore Wins Another Title
- Updated: June 2, 2013
All He Does Is Win
Former Siena Saint Ronald Moore scored a game-high 17 points with 8 assists and 5 rebounds to lead Albacomp to a 75-66 win over Szolnok in the deciding Game 5 to win the Hungarian A-Division Championship. After the game Moore reflected on the winning season.
“This season was full of success with a few tough points but we overcame them.” said Moore. “Always a great feeling winning a championship.”
For Moore, winning is nothing new. As a high schooler, the Philadelphia native guided Plymouth Whitemarsh to three consecutive Suburban 1 Championships. While at Siena he led the point on a team that won three MAAC Championships leading to three consecutive NCAA tournament appearances.
Now in his third professional season, Moore emerged as a top player in the league averaging 11.4 points, 3.9 rebounds and a league-leading 6.2 assists per game for Albacomp on the way to winning the Hungarian Cup tournament earlier in the year, and a regular season title. In the 5-game finals series, Moore averaged 16.6 points, 4.8 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game with strong play down the stretch to win the championship.
“Crazy to think I made history in another country.” Moore said. “This team didn’t win in 13 years and to bring happiness to a city in another county is great.”