- NCAA Tournament Returning To Albany
- Hayley Winter Signs With Siena
- Siena Basketball Hands Out Year End Awards
- Willem Brandwijk Transferring From Siena
- Clareth and Degnan Named Siena Captains
- Jackie Benitez Leaving Siena
- Siena Beats Monmouth: What Happened At Half Time?
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Semifinal Win Over Monmouth
- Siena Marches Into MAAC Semifinal With Win Over Fairfield
- Postgame Comments Following Siena Win Over Fairfield
Alex Franklin Named To Puerto Rican National Team
- Updated: July 28, 2014
Former Siena Saint Alex Franklin has been named to the Puerto Rican National Team to compete in the 2014 Centrobasket Tournament. After returning from a knee injury, Franklin played this season for Indios de Mayaguez of the Puerto Rican BSN League. In 32 games he averaged 6.3 points and 2.6 rebounds per game. He was the finals MVP in 2012 with Mayaguez and played that same year with the national team in the Centrobasket and World Olympic Qualifying Tournament.
“It’s been a long year coming back from my injury so making the team really lets me know the hard work paid off,” said Franklin.
The Puerto Rican National Team heads to Mexico on Tuesday where they will compete in Group B of the Centrobasket Tournament along with the Bahamas, El Salvador, Mexico and US Virgin Islands. They will be looking to earn the classification to the 2015 FIBA Americas Championship and the 2015 Pan American Games.
Also named to the Puerto Rican roster are, José Juan Barea, Filiberto Rivera, Carlos Rivera, Javier Mojica, Mike Rosario, Alejandro ‘Bimbo’ Carmona, Yao Lopez, Devon Collier, Ramon Clemente, Matt Lopez and Luis Villafane.