- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
- Nico Clareth Ready To Get Buckets and More For Siena
- Siena Releases Non Conference Schedule
- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
2000s Rd 2 Game 2
- Updated: August 12, 2011
They’re going to be facing off in France this season, but you don’t need to fly across the pond to get a taste of this matchup. Tonight we matchup Alex Franklin (2) and Ryan Rossiter (3). Here’s a look at the matchup.
Alex Franklin (2) played for Siena from 2006-2010. His class of 2010 along with Ronald Moore and Edwin Ubiles was the winningest class in program history. Alex ranks 5th al time in scoring with 1,730 points and 4th all time in rebounds with 923 over his career. He also ranks 9th all time in blocks with 99. He played on teams which won three consecutive MAAC regular season and post season tournament championships. Included in those 3 NCAA appearances are wins over Vanderbilt in 2008 and Ohio State in 2009. He was twice all MAAC second team in 2008 and 2009, and voted the MAAC player of the year in 2010 as well as MAAC tourney MVP. Alex was also named to the NABC District 1 2nd team in 2009 and it’s first team in 2010. Last season he played professionally in Spain where he led his team in scoring and will be headed to play professionally this season in France.
Ryan Rossiter (3): Rossiter played for the Saints from 2007-2011. He was a three time MAAC champion, participated in 2 NCAA tournament wins over Vanderbilt and Ohio State, and won MAAC Player of the Year for his Senior season. His senior season was among the best in the nation. His 13.2 rebounds per game average was second in the nation while his 18.7 point per game average was tops in the MAAC. For his efforts Ryan was named to the AP All-American Honorable Mention team. His strong scoring and rebounding abilities led Ryan to an impressive 47 double-doubles over the course of his Junior and Senior seasons. Ryan finished his career with the best career (1151) and single season (408) rebounding marks in Siena history. Ryan also ranks 10th all-time in points with 1,457 on his career. Rossiter will certainly be remembered as an all-time great Saint.
Alex Franklin (2) vs Ryan Rossiter (3)
- Alex Franklin (2) (58%, 41 Votes)
- Ryan Rossiter (3) (42%, 30 Votes)
Total Voters: 71
Polls will remain open until 11:59pm on the 14th.