- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
- Nico Clareth Ready To Get Buckets and More For Siena
- Siena Releases Non Conference Schedule
- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
1990s Rd 2 Game 1
- Updated: August 6, 2011
Following what is an incredibly tight contest between Kenny Hasbrouck and Ronald Moore that is coming down to the wire, the 1990s bracket kicks off with what promises to be another fantastic matchup between the 2 seed Dwayne Archbold and the 3 seed Marcus Faison. Heres a look at the matchup:
Marcus Faison (3): Marcus played for the Saints from 1996-2000 and was a multi-weapon threat. During his time with Siena he scored 1,697 career points, 6th on the all time list. Marcus led the team in scoring for three consecutive seasons, from 97/’98 to ’99/2000. His point total in 1999-2000 of 570 ranks as the 9th highest in team history. Faison was also a presence on the glass. He led the team in rebounding in 1997-98 with 197 and is 12th all time with 689 for his career. On top of all of this Faison is also 20th on the Saints all-time list for assists with 257 and 2nd in steals with 231. Marcus was inducted into the Siena Hall of Fame in 2011.
Dwayne Archbold (2): Dwayne played for the Saints from 1998-2002. He was a member of 2 NCAA tournament squads. The 1999 squad that fell to Arkansas, and the 2002 squad that shocked the MAAC and defeated Alcorn State in the opening game. He showed consistent improvement over his 4 years, seeing his scoring average rise from 7 ppg to 19.9 ppg his senior season. He led the team in scoring his junior and senior season totaling 1644 points for his career, good for 8th on the all-time list. His ability from beyond the arch helped to bolster those numbers. Dwayne is 6th in Saint’s history in three-point field goals made with 193. Archbold was also a capable rebounder, averaging 4.8 rpg for his career, 630 total, 16th all-time. His averages of 7.2 rpg his senior season and 6 his junior season are the 10th and 11th best seasons in Saint’s history.
Dwayne Archbold (2) vs Marcus Faison (3)
- Marcus Faison (3) (67%, 34 Votes)
- Dwayne Archbold (2) (33%, 17 Votes)
Total Voters: 51
Polls will remain open until 11:59pm on the 8th.