- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
- Ben Asher To Be Named Director of Basketball Operations at Siena
1990s Game 2
- Updated: July 16, 2011
Tonight’s matchup features 2 seed Dwayne Archbold and 7 seed Corey Osinski with the winner moving on to face Marcus Faison in round 2. Here’s a look at the matchup:
Dwayne Archbold (2): Dwayne played for the Saints from 1998-2002. He was a member of 2 NCAA tournament squads. The 1999 squad that fell to Arkansas, and the 2002 squad that shocked the MAAC and defeated Alcorn State in the opening game. He showed consistent improvement over his 4 years, seeing his scoring average rise from 7 ppg to 19.9 ppg his senior season. He led the team in scoring his junior and senior season totaling 1644 points for his career, good for 8th on the all-time list. His ability from beyond the arch helped to bolster those numbers. Dwayne is 6th in Saint’s history in three-point field goals made with 193. Archbold was also a capable rebounder, averaging 4.8 rpg for his career, 630 total, 16th all-time. His averages of 7.2 rpg his senior season and 6 his junior season are the 10th and 11th best seasons in Saint’s history.
Corey Osinski (7): Osinski played for the Saints from 1996-2000. He was a member of the 1999 Saints squad that lost to Arkansas in the first round of the NCAA tournament. Corey is 21rst in Saints history in career points with 1,288. During the NCAA tournament season of 1999 he averaged a career high 14.1 points per game. Corey is also 23rd all time in rebounds with 540, leading the team his junior and senior seasons with averages of 5.9 and 6.3 rpg.
Dwayne Archbold (2) vs Corey Osinski (7)
- Dwayne Archbold (2) (80%, 33 Votes)
- Corey Osinski (7) (20%, 8 Votes)
Total Voters: 41
Polls will remain open until 11:59pm on the 18th.