- Jonathan Joseph Granted Release From Siena
- Siena Ranks In Top 100 In Attendance Again
- Jessica Simmonds Named Siena Women’s Assistant
- DeAnna Winston Commits To Siena Women
- MAAC Tourney To Remain In Albany Through 2019
- Ryan Harkins To Be Named Director Of Operations At Siena
- Abe Woldeslassie To Be Named Siena Assistant
- Kevin Degnan To Transfer To Siena From Fairfield
- Siena Receives NLI’s From Three Future Saints
- Former Siena Saints To Team Up Again In The Tournament
1980s Rd 2 Game 2
- Updated: August 17, 2011
Jeff Robinson (2) played for Siena from 1986 to 1990.He ranks # 7 all time in scoring with 1,657 points in his career. His single game high came against Maine during the ’88-’89 season where he scored 37 points. He was an all around player also ranking # 14 all time in assists with 284 and #18 in rebounds with 583. He could hit the deep jumper, scoring 178 3 pointers over his career, as well as take it to the rim. After his freshman season, Robinson was named to the all rookie team. His junior year he averaged 19.8 points per game. He played a major roll on a team coached by Mike Deane that took Siena Basketball to new heights. After winning the NAC regular season and tournament championships, Robinson and his teammates went on to appear in the NCAA tournament where they defeated Stanford, the #13 ranked team in the country, in the first round. Following that season he was named NAC Player of the Year and Eastern Basketball All-East Honorable Mention.
Lee Matthews (3) played for Siena from 1989 to 1993. His1,365 points ranks him 15th all time. He averaged 11.2 points per game over his career and 16.6 as a senior. His 1,037 rebounds ranks him 2nd all time behind only Ryan Rossiter. He also ranks 2nd all time in career blocks with 179. He was part of a team in 1990-1991 along with Marc Brown and Doremus Bennerman that had a record of 25-10 who were MAAC co champs. that year they went on to the postseason NIT where they defeated Fairleigh Dickinson and South Carolina before losing in overtime to U Mass. in overtime, a game in which Matthews had 15 rebounds and 5 blocks. His freshman year he was named ot the all MAAC rookie team. In 1992 he was 2nd team all MAAC and also honorable mention for Eastern Basketball All East and Basketball Times. As a senior he was named to the all MAAC 1st team and the US Basketball Writers Association District 2 team. He was inducted into the Siena Sports Hall of Fame in 1999.
Jeff Robinson (2) vs Lee Matthews (3)
- Lee Matthews (3) (51%, 20 Votes)
- Jeff Robinson (2) (49%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 39
Polls will remain open until 11:59pm on the 18th.