- Evan Fisher Bringing Size and Swagger To The Saints
- Nico Clareth Ready To Get Buckets and More For Siena
- Siena Releases Non Conference Schedule
- Siena Legend Kenny Hasbrouck To Teach Skills Development
- MAAC Revises Basketball Tournament Format for 2016
- CDBA Summer League To Include Current and Former Siena Saints
- Albany Cup Game To Continue
- Siena To Open Season at Duke and Wisconsin
- Siena Women To Play In Preseason WNIT
- Jordan Watson To Be Named Assistant Coach At Siena
1980s Rd 2 Game 2
- Updated: August 17, 2011
Jeff Robinson (2) played for Siena from 1986 to 1990.He ranks # 7 all time in scoring with 1,657 points in his career. His single game high came against Maine during the ’88-’89 season where he scored 37 points. He was an all around player also ranking # 14 all time in assists with 284 and #18 in rebounds with 583. He could hit the deep jumper, scoring 178 3 pointers over his career, as well as take it to the rim. After his freshman season, Robinson was named to the all rookie team. His junior year he averaged 19.8 points per game. He played a major roll on a team coached by Mike Deane that took Siena Basketball to new heights. After winning the NAC regular season and tournament championships, Robinson and his teammates went on to appear in the NCAA tournament where they defeated Stanford, the #13 ranked team in the country, in the first round. Following that season he was named NAC Player of the Year and Eastern Basketball All-East Honorable Mention.
Lee Matthews (3) played for Siena from 1989 to 1993. His1,365 points ranks him 15th all time. He averaged 11.2 points per game over his career and 16.6 as a senior. His 1,037 rebounds ranks him 2nd all time behind only Ryan Rossiter. He also ranks 2nd all time in career blocks with 179. He was part of a team in 1990-1991 along with Marc Brown and Doremus Bennerman that had a record of 25-10 who were MAAC co champs. that year they went on to the postseason NIT where they defeated Fairleigh Dickinson and South Carolina before losing in overtime to U Mass. in overtime, a game in which Matthews had 15 rebounds and 5 blocks. His freshman year he was named ot the all MAAC rookie team. In 1992 he was 2nd team all MAAC and also honorable mention for Eastern Basketball All East and Basketball Times. As a senior he was named to the all MAAC 1st team and the US Basketball Writers Association District 2 team. He was inducted into the Siena Sports Hall of Fame in 1999.
Jeff Robinson (2) vs Lee Matthews (3)
- Lee Matthews (3) (51%, 20 Votes)
- Jeff Robinson (2) (49%, 19 Votes)
Total Voters: 39
Polls will remain open until 11:59pm on the 18th.